IACLE will mark its 40th year with anniversary events in the UK, the Philippines, Colombia and United States during 2019.
Special 40th Celebrations will be held at the British Contact Lens Association Clinical Conference & Exhibition in Manchester, UK (30 May - 1 June), the Asia Pacific Optometric Congress in Manila, Philippines (17-20 June), the Colegio Federación Colombiana de Optómetras (FEDOPTO) Congress in Bogotá, Colombia (8-10 August), and at the Academy 2019 and 3rd World Congress of Optometry in Orlando, Florida (23-27 October).
The theme for our celebrations is ‘Exceptional Education. Exponential Impact’.
Many more national and local meetings around the world will mark the occasion. 40th Anniversary video and PowerPoint resources are available for members to use in their presentations and lectures during the year.
IACLE events at meetings in May and June will include:
BCLA Clinical Conference & Exhibition
- Interactive BCLA exhibition booth where you can ‘Make Your Mark’ on a time wall of milestones in the history of IACLE
- 40th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday 30 May at 5 pm at our exhibition booth
- International Perspectives session on Thursday 30 May from 12 noon to 1.10 pm with 40th Anniversary presentation by IACLE President Dr Shehzad Naroo
- IACLE Awards Ceremony on Saturday 1 June at 2.30 pm
Find the full BCLA program here
Asia Pacific Optometric Congress
- 40th Anniversary Celebration and IACLE Awards Ceremony during Gala Dinner on Tuesday 18 June at 7pm
- Interactive exhibition booth where you can ‘Make Your Mark’ on a time wall of milestones in the history of IACLE
- Lectures from Lewis Williams and Luigina Sorbara, and workshops from Cheni Lee, Lakshmi Shinde and Nilesh Thite, on Monday 17 June
- Invited Lecture from Luigina Sorbara on Tuesday 18 June
- Workshops from Luigina Sorbara and Lewis Williams on Wednesday 19 June
- IACLE Members’ Meeting on Wednesday 19 June at 5pm
Find the full APOC schedule here
More details on the FEDOPTO and Academy/WCO events will be provided at a later date.
Click here for anniversary resources to use in your presentations and lectures
Click here to find out more about IACLE’s early history